CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Smelly Shelley

I made the mistake of trying to re-wear my workout clothes yesterday from the day before - oh lord they stank! And they were still damp...I don't know what I was thinking...just being too lazy to pull some clean workout clothes out of my drawer, and trying to reduce laundry. I use to be able to get away with this, but I really don't think I have ever sweated as much as I have in the past couple weeks. I am working out 6 days a week a minimum of 45 minutes and up to 1 1/2 to 2 hours - pro: I am losing weight, con: I stink.


I'm thinking this is why my closet doesn't smell to good, despite the fact that my husband put an air freshener in there (You think he was dropping a hint).

I guess I need to do laundry more often - but if you have any ideas of how I can get out of that (short of burning my workout clothes and buying new gear every week), let me know.

11 Talk to me people!:

Fatinah said...

they have some workout clothes at the running room that have silver or something in them and they are supposed to reduce the smell and such so that you can wear your clothes longer without washing - maybe look into that??

SeaBreeze said...

I keep a mini febreeze (I bought it at Wal-Mart) in my workout bags at all times. As well I have those "mint deodorant balls" that are intended for shoes that I have haphazardly in my closet, laundry, and duffle bag (and shoes of course). They are fantastic.

Fatinah is right about the silver threaded clothes tho. I have a long-sleeve workout shirt (from LuLu) that I use when Snowboarding and winter running and its fantastic.

P.O.M. said...

Losing weight is worth the stink.

My ex said he had to get used to the fact that I was always sweaty. ha ha.

Nancy said...

Find yourself a wife? I know I'm in the market. . .

I'm just looking at the wry grinon that skunk and your cute little grin in your profile. Anyone else pick this up?

You're so cute.

Nikemom said...

I love it! Mine are wet for days...tells you how often I do laundry. :) I'd either hire a laundress or buy more workout clothes.

Shelley said...

Ha! I didn't even realize I got PePe to check me out! That is funny! I have to figure out a way to keep that there!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO! I always just immediately put my workout clothes into the washer when I'm done. I am SOOOOO sweaty, there is no way that I can't :-X

Kiki said...

Hey Shelley, I just wanted to thank you for posting that site on my blog....I am checking it out and its super useful...people always seem to know what the calorie count is of the food they are eating...now I will too. Thanks again!!!

Unknown said...

The Cub refers to my odor as 'healthy' =)

I think I do a load of laundry ALMOST daily for 2 humans. Insanity.

Heather said...

Best pro and con ever. My friend and I were just complaining about this today. Why is it that technical clothes start to smell after a workout while cotton does not. Weird.

eurydice said...

ugh i do that all the time and try to mask it with deodorant haha... actually it's not so bad... probably more unhygenic than stinky :)