CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Summer Challenge Update

I've been pretty much stuck the last couple weeks and not lost any weight...my excuse...I haven't been working out as much as I had planned, nor following my diet plan as strictly as I should since I wasn't feeling too well.

I decided I should make some mini-goals to try and obtain the big weight loss goal and give me a boost. My mini-goals this week.

  1. Three butt-kicking, 1,000 calorie burning workouts (incorporated into my regular workout schedule of three short runs, one long run, and two cross-training days).
  2. Two strength work-outs
  3. Drink at least 48 - 64 ounces of water each day (better get started on that one today)
  4. Stick to my 5-4-3 diet plan (no alcohol in the evenings because then I just snack)

I know, boring update...I'm still swimming in kid puke so I don't have time to be more creative. Next week though, we will see some progress!

5 Talk to me people!:

Marcy said...

Looks like an excellent plan to me! Especially the water part. Ooohhh I *heart* water. I'm a gal a day drinker :-X LOL Really though, it DOES help with the weight loss. Filling and no cals :-)

eurydice said...

hi shelley - how long is your long run?

Shelley said...

euridice -

My long runs vary, right now between 7 - 9 miles...but I'm planning to start increasing them over the summer since I am going to train for a marathon.

Lesley said...

Hi Shelley. You're not going to be jealous...what I'm doing is pretty short term to be honest, not a long term weight management plan. It's just aimed at re-eatablishing control and giving me a kickstart. You really would NOT want to be eating 4 measley packs a day and drinking nothing but water or black tea/coffee now would you??

I will no doubt lose a fair bit quite quickly but the hard bit is translating that into a long term gradual weight loss/weght holding strategy. I'm bummed (to use an American phrase I really rather like) to be resorting to the packs again but I'm not risking gaining more weight....it's just too scary.

You stick to your sensible eating and hard workouts...you'll start seeing the results when you're healthy again. When I get back from Ireland, that's what I'll be doing.

Lesley x

Carly said...

Hi Shelley,
thanks for stopping by my blog and giving me some encouragement. I really appreciate the kind words.

Your plan looks great! WTG on the 10 on the 10th. Cavey is a favorite of mine.