CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tag - Your It

First things first, Nikemom has a T-shirt design contest going on. So for those of you who are creative, or if you know someone who is, check it out.

I've been tagged by Eurydice with a meme, so here goes.


The rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.

2. Share 5 facts about yourself.

3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names, linking to them.

4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.



Five things about me:
  1. I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Not that I could kick anyone's ass or anything. I took up Tae Kwon Do when my oldest daughter was about 5, she wanted to try it out so I did it with her. I didn't actually test for my black belt until I was 5 months pregnant with my second daughter. My husband was super nervous about me sparring while pregnant, but they were gentle with me - so I was safe. Then in the ceremonies I started BAWLING my head off because all those pregnancy hormones were kicking in - pretty funny.

  2. Speaking of bawling, I cry super easy. I've gotten worse since my sister died 5 years ago, but really I have always been the first to cry in any room. When I took my daughter and nieces to see Iron Giant (long time ago) - I cried, none of the kids did. A touching commercial comes on - I cry. So every time something comes on that is emotional, all of my family looks at me to see if I'm crying yet. Really annoying.

  3. I technically have 10 brothers and sisters. Technically because my parents divorced when I was six and both remarried and my dad had two more kids with my step-mom and my mom adopted six kids with my step-dad. A few of the kids my mom adopted had a lot of issues (their parents were into drugs, abusive, etc.) and we don't really have contact with them at this point because they are going through some self-destructive stuff (I think one is a crack whore, sad). But yeah, they still are family.

  4. I taught myself how to spin yarn last year. This was an offshoot of my goat farm - I raise Angora goats that produce mohair. The goats are sheared twice a year, and the mohair can be used for spinning yarn and other crafts. I also like to crochet, so I have made a couple items (hats, scarves) from raw wool to end product - pretty cool.

  5. I'm a hermit - I really get very anxious when people come to my door. I feel like my house is too messy (it isn't), I won't know what to say, the list goes on. I have been known to hide when I see someone before they see me...both out in public and at my house. I usually assume people won't remember me if I've met them say once before - and I feel like I will be imposing on them if I try to have a conversation with them. I know it's a little crazy, I inherited this wonderful trait from my paternal grandmother - luckily on a scaled down version.

So in tagging five other's my craziness mentioned in #5 above kicks in - hope I'm not bothering any of you by tagging you. Since I'm new to all of this, I am going very random in my tags. I'm tagging Lesley (she has been a little to absent lately), Nikemom, Fatinah, SeaBreeze, and Non-Runner Nancy (because we are split aparts, and she doesn't have enough to do :))

6 Talk to me people!:

P.O.M. said...

We're all nuts :)

Steve Stenzel said...

HA! I'm sometimes the same way on #5. And #4 is awesome!!

Marcy said...

I go through periods of #5. It's weird. Once week I'll be supa dupa outgoing and want to yak to anyone and everyone, the next I just want to hide under a rock LOL.

Unknown said...

I am a number 2. I tear up over ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that could somehow be construed as sentimental. It is an incredibly annoying trait and I've cried at many inappropriate moments. Ugh. I hear you on this one!

Carolyn said...

Love these little things. You learn the most random things about people this way!

eurydice said...

#3 is crazy!