First things first, Nikemom has a T-shirt design contest going on. So for those of you who are creative, or if you know someone who is, check it out.
I've been tagged by Eurydice with a meme, so here goes.
The rules:1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names, linking to them.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
Five things about me:
- I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Not that I could kick anyone's ass or anything. I took up Tae Kwon Do when my oldest daughter was about 5, she wanted to try it out so I did it with her. I didn't actually test for my black belt until I was 5 months pregnant with my second daughter. My husband was super nervous about me sparring while pregnant, but they were gentle with me - so I was safe. Then in the ceremonies I started BAWLING my head off because all those pregnancy hormones were kicking in - pretty funny.
- Speaking of bawling, I cry super easy. I've gotten worse since my sister died 5 years ago, but really I have always been the first to cry in any room. When I took my daughter and nieces to see Iron Giant (long time ago) - I cried, none of the kids did. A touching commercial comes on - I cry. So every time something comes on that is emotional, all of my family looks at me to see if I'm crying yet. Really annoying.
- I technically have 10 brothers and sisters. Technically because my parents divorced when I was six and both remarried and my dad had two more kids with my step-mom and my mom adopted six kids with my step-dad. A few of the kids my mom adopted had a lot of issues (their parents were into drugs, abusive, etc.) and we don't really have contact with them at this point because they are going through some self-destructive stuff (I think one is a crack whore, sad). But yeah, they still are family.
- I taught myself how to spin yarn last year. This was an offshoot of my goat farm - I raise Angora goats that produce mohair. The goats are sheared twice a year, and the mohair can be used for spinning yarn and other crafts. I also like to crochet, so I have made a couple items (hats, scarves) from raw wool to end product - pretty cool.
- I'm a hermit - I really get very anxious when people come to my door. I feel like my house is too messy (it isn't), I won't know what to say, the list goes on. I have been known to hide when I see someone before they see me...both out in public and at my house. I usually assume people won't remember me if I've met them say once before - and I feel like I will be imposing on them if I try to have a conversation with them. I know it's a little crazy, I inherited this wonderful trait from my paternal grandmother - luckily on a scaled down version.
So in tagging five other's my craziness mentioned in #5 above kicks in - hope I'm not bothering any of you by tagging you. Since I'm new to all of this, I am going very random in my tags. I'm tagging Lesley (she has been a little to absent lately), Nikemom, Fatinah, SeaBreeze, and Non-Runner Nancy (because we are split aparts, and she doesn't have enough to do :))