CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Ask and You Shall Receive

Yesterday I entered a local trail run race that is part of a series of races that will be held every Thursday evening in the month of May. They have a 5k and a 10k option and I did the 5k since this was my first real trail run...and I won! a raffle that is...a new pair of New Balance running shoes of my choice. I've never had New Balance shoes before so I'll need to do some research before I go pick out my shoes, but I am super excited! Anyone have any experience with New Balance shoes?


We were just standing around prior to the start and they were raffling off their prizes, the last prize was the shoes and I say to my friend, "I want some new shoes." Voila, they call my name. I did my little woohoo happy dance, no one else reacted when their names were called - I guess I'm not cool.

The run itself was challenging...lots of hills, rocks to dodge, fallen trees to navigate, a little dry and dusty...but I did enjoy and am hoping to do it again next week - maybe the 10k this time.

On the diet front, I've been doing pretty good overall, but I did have some wine and chips on Wednesday night which sort of got me off kilter yesterday. I'm back on track today though. I didn't lose anything this past week...maybe because of my one night splurge? maybe because I'm feeling a little ill with a tummy ache. If I keep plugging away though, I will see a difference...I will.

2 Talk to me people!:

Heather said...

Sounds like a really fun run. I might try that someday but I am fairly clumsy on sidewalks so I'm not sure what I might do to myself in the forest :)

My (almost) 3 year old daughter has a pair of New Balance shoes. They are very cute with a pink N on them :) Thats the extent of my NB knowledge. Not helpful I know!

Leigh Anne said...

positive thinking does work and consistency is the way to reach your goals.

Gotta say, I'm a little jealous of that awesome run series. Wish we had something like that around here.