CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 16, 2008

A Little Touched in the Head

IT IS HOT HERE.

100 or so degrees yesterday, suppose to be 100 today too. It is only MAY - what the hell.

So a sane person would hang out in an air conditioned room, right? What do I do? Run another 5k in the trail run series. Not in the morning when it is still semi-cool, but at 6 pm, when it is hottest. Yes, I'm a little touched in the head. Running has made me do crazy things...I guess I'm addicted.
Pictures from the run of the narrow, dry, hilly, rocky trail:
Another view from the levy of the ridge we run up and around
This hill is at about mile 2, not so bad...we turn around shortly after coming up it
Then we get to climb this hill...I hate this hill, it sucks. It sucks even worse when it is 100 degrees. It is actually much longer and steeper than this picture lets on, at least in my mind...
Folsom Lake, just on the other side of the levee we run next to.

5 Talk to me people!:

Fatinah said...

oh my word - that looks like a lovely place to run....

Lesley said...

My God - that looks REALLY hot! It's back to normal spring over here, namely drizzley rain. Not cold but not hot.....

Well done on the running though. I've got a 10km tomorrow but it'll be a lot greener and muddier underfoot I can promise you that!

Lesley x

Nancy said...

I wonder if I could do that or if a trail would kill me. I think I'd have to get a lot stronger. Thanks for sharing the great pics. You are doing awesome on the diet and exercise!!

Marcy said...

Holy wow! That looks like an amazing place to run! I'd trade with you any day! Heat and all . .. we actually need some heat over here LOL

Heather said...

That looks sweet! Good job!!