CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday Stats

Since it is still super hot outside, we had cold soup for dinner - Garden Gazpacho. Yumm, and super easy - basically fresh crunchy vegetables in a tomato base and chilled.

You can use any vegetables you like, this is what I used.

  • 3 cups low-sodium V8 tomato juice
  • 1/2 red onion chopped
  • cucumber chopped
  • 2 tomatoes chopped
  • red, green and yellow bell peppers chopped
  • 2 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tbsp chopped garlic
  • salt and pepper if desire
  • combine and chill (at least one hour - the longer the better though for flavors to blend)
  • chopped cilantro also adds a nice touch, but I didn't have any

Perfect for a hot day, and low cal too.

I've stuck to my calorie plan everyday so far this week. Been able to get in all my water, and today I did my cardio cross-training for 1 hour 45 minutes for my second 1,000 calorie workout. My long run on Sunday will make my 3rd 1,000 calorie workout for the week, so I am on track!

Bonus: 3 people today told me I looked thinner, and my pants felt loose today. Yeah!

3 Talk to me people!:

Lesley said...

Good, I'm glad you're seeing progress. That soup looks lovely but made feel chilly to think about it. We're more on the warming stew type weather at the moment. In fact I'm running a hot bath!!

May in England!

Have a lovely weekend.

Lesley x

Marcy said...

Ooooo that looks good! I bet my husband would dig it! Thanks chica!

Marcy said...

OMG!! That's so weird that you bring that up! Because I now know why I had those issues :P Later in the day "it" came. I thank God it was later. Can you imagine if it happened during. Oy, oy, oy. I've ran a race before with "it" and it's totally not fun. Nothing like that fresh kicked in the groin feeling while running, huh? LOL