Since it is still super hot outside, we had cold soup for dinner - Garden Gazpacho. Yumm, and super easy - basically fresh crunchy vegetables in a tomato base and chilled.
You can use any vegetables you like, this is what I used.
- 3 cups low-sodium V8 tomato juice
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- cucumber chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- red, green and yellow bell peppers chopped
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- salt and pepper if desire
- combine and chill (at least one hour - the longer the better though for flavors to blend)
- chopped cilantro also adds a nice touch, but I didn't have any
Perfect for a hot day, and low cal too.
I've stuck to my calorie plan everyday so far this week. Been able to get in all my water, and today I did my cardio cross-training for 1 hour 45 minutes for my second 1,000 calorie workout. My long run on Sunday will make my 3rd 1,000 calorie workout for the week, so I am on track!
Bonus: 3 people today told me I looked thinner, and my pants felt loose today. Yeah!