CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Summer Challenge

Today is the first day of Carolyn's Summer Challenge which I have joined in on to keep me accountable on my weight loss goals. We have 8 weeks until the official start of summer and 8 weeks to push ourselves to meet some goals. My goal, of course, is to loose a few pounds...well more than a few.

I will be sticking to my 5-4-3 diet plan. I'm actually liking it...my first week went pretty good and I think I am down a couple pounds. Sometimes I have the feeling of what to do with myself in the evenings since snacking isn't an option anymore, I eat out of boredom, maybe I should do sit ups instead. I keep a food diary though, and so I know when I am done...easy, peasy...page is full = no more food in the mouth. Breakfast is the only meal I really have to put some thought into...and that definitely takes more time than skipping breakfast...but I have a few different breakfast meals figured out that I like and get me my morning calorie load.

I'm going to try and keep the following exercise schedule:

  • Monday - rest
  • Tuesday - 4 mile run and strength
  • Wednesday - cardio cross train (usually interval hill walking)
  • Thursday - 5 mile run
  • Friday - 4 mile run and strength
  • Saturday - cardio cross train and yoga
  • Sunday - long run

I took some before pics, but I don't think I will post them yet. I'd rather have some after pics that I am proud of to put up next to them.

Be checking in again with my progress this Friday.

8 Talk to me people!:

Nancy said...

Easy peasy lemon squeezie. Sorry, that cracks my 3 year old up. :D

Good for you!! Maybe I can take some inspiration.

Lesley said...

Hi there - well day one (yesterday) was pretty good - muesli, jacket spud for lunch and pork chop with cabbage (no spuds) for supper. Some fruit but no biscuits, sweets or bread so I'm happy with that for a day one.

Thanks for setting me off on this challenge I really need to keep tabs on my weight and drop a stone or so and it's nice to have company.

Keep it up.

Lesley x

Fatinah said...

that's a great schedule - you should see some real success with that!

Vanessa said...

Good luck on the challenge! The schedule looks great :).

P.O.M. said...

Good luck! Bathing suit season is quickly approaching. I'm sure your "after" photos will be great!

Marissa said...

Hey, good luck on the challenge! I like your workout schedule!

Marissa
browneyedmaris.blogspot.com

Leigh Anne said...

Great schedule. Can't wait to see your after pic. I know you'll be rocking that dress.

Heather said...

I'm with you on the pics. Before photos have so much more *ooomph* when there is an after to go with them :)