CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Must Have Monday

My husband likes to shop...I really don't like to shop myself so I guess we're a little backwards there, but I digress. The problem with my husband's shopping, is he finds these totally crazy gadgets that really aren't practical, but he "must have" them. He can justify buying anything...really he is very talented at that. He could justify buying a tractor if we lived in a flat in Manhattan. And I really don't even try to say no, it isn't worth the argument unless pennies are tight. Now he even has one more reason to justify his purchases...blog material.


So needless to say we have a garage and cabinets full of useless crap. Crap that is only a year old that has already been replaced by something newer and better. Crap that has never been used.

I thought it would be fun to feature some of these "Must Have" gadgets we have acquired over the years. He will probably be mad at me for doing this little featurette, but hunny it is really kind of endearing in an annoying sort of way.

Near and dear to my heart is my first featured gadget...I must say it is one of my favorite purchases he has made because I have given him buckets of crap over it...

The Lemon Squeezer Pusher Into Beer Thingy

Here is how it works. Place a lemon or lime in the slot, squeeze the side lever in so it releases the juices. Then push down the plunger so the lemon/lime is pushed into your beer. Basically, it works like a human THUMB folks. Yeah...worth every penny if you don't have a thumb.

Cost: Hopefully he found it in the 99 cent bin at Target....but I'm not sure.
Times used: About 5...he likes to bring it out when we have friends over just to prove to me it isn't a useless gadget.
Props to my hand model...Charlotte. (don't call CPS, the cap was never removed from the bottle).

7 Talk to me people!:

Marcy said...

OMFG HAHAHAHHAHAAA And I thought I was bad!! Wow!! But hey at least he's used it more than once.

SeaBreeze said...

That provided me with a good morning snicker. Thanks! :P

Nancy said...

HA HA HA - very funny and nice cute little hand model. My hub is a total nerd and has lots of "must haves" but they end up being the coolest techie nerdie things in the end so I don't complain. That contraption was crackin me up though. :D

Spicy Latina said...

Ha ha I love the thumb beer lemon gadget! I totally want one!

P.O.M. said...

I"m not sure I see the usefulness of this tool, as all my fingers are in tact and can squeeze a lemon. Can't wait to see what else he's picked up!

Carolyn said...

Ohh dear. Sometime syou look at something and think "Who the heck would veen buy that??" Now we know who.... your hubs!

Mrs Furious said...

"Basically, it works like a human THUMB folks."
That is fucking hilarious!!!