CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Has Anyone Seen My Motivation

I can't believe I haven't gained any weight, because I have seriously wained in my commitment to be fit and healthy. I think I need an intervention, I need someone to yell at me ala Jillian to get me back on track or I fear I will never wear a bathing suit again (not even thinking a bikini yet).

Even though I posted an event schedule and my next event is about 10 days away, I have not ran once since my half marathon. That is 3 1/2 weeks folks. My guess is that is taking the whole "recovery" thing a bit far. I'm not worrying about it either - I still think I can pull out a 12k in 10 days. I just don't know why I am sooo lackluster about it - where is my drive? I haven't been totally sedentary, I've had a few trampoline sessions with the girls (including one where I tried a front flip and landed on my neck) and lots of gardening. So the question is will I run today?

My diet has been crap lately too - too many nights with wine. If I could just save the wine or one day a week I would do so much better...but the kids...they can really make a glass of wine or two very tempting.

If I can just get through the next week of crunching out tax returns and some other numbers, taking care of 3 kids, 7 baby goats, some baby chicks...and still find some time to get some runs in and eat right, I'll be good.

Anyone have a whip?

1 Talk to me people!:

Nancy said...

I hear ya. Instead of balancing, I feel more like it's been juggling lately. Get out there today and get a run in, even if it's a short one. You won't be sorry. They say the first step out the door is the hardest. :D