CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Slow Train Back

It is taking me forever to get back on track after our vacation to Disneyland! I am still behind in work, home, diet and exercise...but each day I get a little closer to being caught up, at least that is what I'm telling myself.

Disneyland was lots of fun, we probably spent close to 45 hours in 3 days at the parks. Everyone was exhausted, but we did every ride we wanted to. My favorite ride was Soaring Over California in the California Adventure park...way cool. I had five girls with me ranging from 4 to 15, and they were all pretty good...no major meltdowns (other than my husbands), and no one got lost. Charlotte is ready to go back (she has a list of character signatures she still wants), but Delaney thinks staying at home is just fine since we don't have the earthquakes and fire alarms here that we experienced on our trip.

Now I am ready for a real vacation where I can sit on a beach, stare at the ocean, and drink pina coladas or beers or margaritas...sigh...

My running has been sporadic at best, I have been having a hard time getting out of vacation mode with the diet and exercise. I think I will only be doing a half marathon on October and push my full out to December...otherwise I will probably hurt myself and it just isn't worth it. But I need to do it in December or I will be disappointed in myself. I need to do some more late night trips to the gym to launch my undercover surveillance of the "massage" parlor next door...so far my day trips have provided no conclusive evidence.

Delaney starts kindergarten today...wah! Ask her if she is excited...NO! Ask Charlotte if she is excited...YES (now she gets mommy all to herself when Delaney's at school). We got all of her clothes laid out last night. Got her backpack packed with her supplies and a snack. I need to find a box of tissues cuz I'll be crying in a couple hours when we do drop-off. I'll be updating with her first day pictures later.

5 Talk to me people!:

Marcy said...

You'll be back to it in not time. It IS hard getting back in after a vacation.

And dang girl, you better get up on that massage parlor. Inquiring minds (as well as the police :P) want to know what's going ON!

SeaBreeze said...

Its always hard to get out of vacation mode. On the plus side you did a lot of walking. Good luck with the back to school adventures.

Nikemom said...

it must be the month for slumps cuz my exercise routine is waaaay out of wack too!

what marathon r u thinking about in Dec? i haven't attempted a full...hmmmmmmm....i may b looking for a challenge.....

margarita may help with the first day wah's!!???!!! i'll drink one for ya. :)

Carly said...

It is so hard getting your groove back after a vacation. But you will get there.

I have one starting Kindergarten too my middle child is quite excited that he will be the "older brother" while #1 is away at school. LOL

Nikemom said...

ok, so i didn't have a margarita 4ya, but i did have a cheap bottle of wine...check out the results of my evening....rotflmao

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lv2bike/2786121105/