I did my long run on Saturday and I was up and out of the house by 6:30am, which is huge for me! But lets just say I wasn't very well prepared for my run and there are a lot of things I need to get through my thick head to make these runs go better.
- Planning for a long run involves more than just putting it on your calendar.
- Drinking a few glasses of wine the night before is not the best way to hydrate for a long run.
- Garmins need to be placed on a charger to actually have enough juice to make it through a long run - let alone even making it on your wrist.
- If you feel like you are walking out of your house without something, you probably forgot your ipod and you will be doomed to hours of running with nothing to distract you from dwelling on all the thoughts that pass through your stressed out head.
- Maybe if I actually stretched before running I would be less likely to get the foot and knee pain I've been having.
- The cute little water bottles that go in your fuel belt get moldy if you sit them on your dresser half full and forget to wash them...and don't notice until 10 minutes before your run...so you have to carry a big bulky bottle.
I think I need to spend a half hour each night preparing for the next day...whether it be work, home with my girls, or running...things would run so much smoother. I have my doubts I'll actually make this happen, but it sure would be a good habit to get into.