CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 16, 2008

A Very Merry Unbirthday

Let me just preface this by saying I still have a hangover from Saturday...so I'm not feeling very wordy today.


Saturday was Delaney's Unbirthday...she waited 5 months to celebrate her birthday so she could have a pool party. Pretty patient for a 5 year old...but when it came down to opening her presents and eating her cake she reminded me it wasn't really her birthday. Ugh.

I have the worst luck with parties and I was so worried that no one would show up...out of the 11 girls I invited from her softball team, only two RSVP'd. Evidently EVERYONE went camping this weekend, or had graduation parties to go to...I don't know, but in the back of my paranoid mind I always think they just don't like me. It was killing me because I wanted her to have a good party, and she did...so all my worries were silly, we had about 10 kids there which was just about perfect.
So I devised a new plan in getting ready for the party - High Intensity Interval Cleaning. Let me tell you, this works great with kidlets! We concentrated on one room or project at a time, worked really hard for about half an hour, then I gave the girlies a break and a reward (like painting their nails). We had about 3 HIIC sessions on Friday, and one on Saturday morning and the house was spic and span for the party...without any major stress.
I also tried HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) last Friday and I loved it...my inspiration for the cleaning technique. I'm going to try and incorporate this into my marathon training somehow.
On a side note, Delaney has been asking A TON of questions about god lately, we are doing our best to satisfy her interest. How do you answer some of these questions though? This was our convo this morning:
D: Can you talk in heaven?
me: I think so, but I'm not sure. I'll let you know when I get there, but you need to wait a while to find out.
D: How are you going to tell me?
me: I'll write you a letter
D: You can't do that. How about you knock over a plant.
me: Okay, I'll knock over your favorite plant to let you know if you can talk in heaven.
D: How about, not my favorite plant

10 Talk to me people!:

P.O.M. said...

That's too funny.
Ok, so there are not many details. We started talking again last week and going on dates and talking every day. So I totally thought we were going to get back together. Found out this weekend that he just really likes "hanging out" with me. Apparently I need an ANVIL to drop on my head before I realize that it's just not going to work.

Marcy said...

That's so cute that she waited! Wow, she must have a lot of patience. You're so funny! How could peeps NOT like you? ;-)

Fatinah said...

that conversation is too funny!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Carly said...

I can't believe she could wait that long for a party. My boys start talking about their bd parties about 6 months out and start a countdown.

That was a great conversation. One for the record book.

Heather said...

I love kid's logic. Awesome! I'm with you on stressing the birthday parties. What's with people not RSVP'ing? Have they never thrown a party for their kid? Sheesh!

eurydice said...

hahaha not my favourite plant... adorable.

eurydice said...

ps. i had to buy my own fabric. i sent in my bust and waist measurements and then the teach sent me back how much fabric to get... in cotton or linen. i will def. post photos of the dress when i'm done... in four weeks!

Lesley said...

Brilliant stuff Smellster! You have really inspired me to get back to exercise with a full heart rather than the grudging stuff I have been doing recently. And you've put a massive smile on my face too!

Your gym terms were good. I'd heard a few of them before but not "vart" which is hilarious!
I want to get smaller too so I'll be catching you up soon, I promise!

Lesley x

Unknown said...

Haha! That is so freakin' cute! I can't believe she actually waited 5 months for a birthday party, what a patient kid!

Nancy said...

Very patient. How sweet.

Will you knock over one of my plants too? That would be cool. :D