CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Bootcamp

So Saturday was my first day of Mama Bootcamp and I'm sore! We did an hour and 1/2 workout with lots of core and strength training plus about 20-30 minutes of cardio. It was tough, but fun and I am totally digging this program so far.


I actually met with the owner/coach on Friday night for my intake, at a Starbuck's in the middle of a Border's book store. That meeting was kind of rushed (she was running behind), but it ended with her taking my measurements and calculating my body fat and taking before pictures. A little awkward being in the handicap stall half naked with another women sizing you up. I told her it was weird, but not as bad if she had done it in the middle of the coffee shop. I didn't cry though! Probably because we were so rushed I didn't really have time to talk about my issues.

I'm pretty stoked though, my actual coach is different than the owner. She is super fun and I think she will really help me stay on track. I told my coach that I had a hard time getting out of bed in the morning to do my workouts, so she said she would call me to get me going! So low and behold I got a call this morning at 5:30 telling me to get in gear! Pretty awesome huh? I guess this is what a personal trainer is like? Plus, she went through the bootcamp herself so she was showing me her before and after pics, which was neat to see.
Anyway, the way it works is you go to your bootcamp every week and turn in your homework (daily food logs and workout log) and they give your workout assignments for the next week. I'm suppose to stick to 1200-1400 calories a day, no refined carbs (white bread and sugar), 8 servings of fruits and veggies, and 80 - 100 ounces of water. My coach told me that you don't burn as many calories when you are dehydrated, which I didn't know! Even if you are just 2% dehydrated you would only burn 400 calories when you would normally burn 600 - what a difference!
My homework this week is to do 4 cardio sessions and 2 strength in addition to the bootcamp. I am meeting with my coach again to write out my goals - she told me I she could make me look like a Barbie if I want! HA! I would make a hilarious Barbie! Not for me.

6 Talk to me people!:

Mrs Furious said...

"Even if you are just 2% dehydrated you would only burn 400 calories when you would normally burn 600 - what a difference!"
I did not know that. That is really useful information. I'm off to drink some water...

Lesley said...

That sounds great. Well done for getting started. I would really like having someone to call me and tell me to go running!!

Keep it up chuck and I hope your after shots are just as impressive.

Lesley x

P.O.M. said...

Drinking extra water RIGHT NOW!

Goals, goals, goals... 'tis the season I guess. I'm trying to sort through mine right now too.

Charmaine said...

Good for you.

I once joined some gym. Some snot nosed boy determined my body fat with those weird steel clipper thingees?

I was traumatized by the lad pinching the fat on my inner thighs and never returned.

It was an expensive, locked into 3 years of payments, situation. hee hee

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Heather said...

Sounds awesome! :)

Marcy said...

Let me get on that water! LOL

Sounds AWESOME, chica! I would probably curl up into the fetal position if someone asked em to get half nekkid so they could take my measurements LOL. GO YOU!